Oklahoma State University – Tulsa
Oklahoma State University Tulsa Library Special Collections
- Location: 700 N. Greenwood Ave Tulsa, Oklahoma 74137
- Phone: (918) 594-8137
- Fax: (918) 594-8145
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Beth Anne Freeman, Library Director
- Web site: www.osu-tulsa.okstate.edu/library/Sp_Coll.htm
- Institution Type: University library
Description: The Library contributes to the body of knowledge related to the history and culture of Route 66 by actively collecting books and other resources on Route 66. The library periodically displays materials from our Route 66 collections.
Route 66 collections include the Cyrus Stevens Avery Papers, the acknowledged “father” of Route 66, the research and manuscript materials of the books written by Michael Wallis, author of Route 66: The Mother Road, as well as other books on Route 66 written by Michael and Suzanne Wallis. Included in the Wallis collection is an array of collectables produced for Disney Studios in association with film Cars.
- Regions Covered:
- Type of Materials: Books, Manuscripts, Maps, Newspaper Clippings, Official Records, Photographs, Postcards, Printed Works, and movie collectables.
- Time Periods: 1923-Present
Monday-Thursday 8 AM – 10 PM
Friday 8 AM – 5 PM
Saturday 9 PM – 5 PM
Sunday 1 PM – 9 PM
Hours during Holidays and semester breaks: check the library webpage
Same as above. Open to the public. We provide reference services at the Reference desk, or you may phone, email or chat with a Librarian via our library web page at www.osu-tulsa.okstate.edu/library/QP.htm.
Online Resources and Finding Aids:http://okhistory.cuadra.com/star/public.html
Route 66 Special Collections: www.osu-tulsa.okstate.edu/library/Sp_Coll.htm
Oklahoma Route 66 research information:www.okhistory.org/research/route66.html
Library Catalog: http://boss.library.okstate.edu/?branch=OSU-Tulsa
A Route 66 LibGuide for Research is currently under development.