- Berwyn Route 66 Museum. Displays hundreds of Route 66 related artifacts and provides gallery space for the Berwyn Arts Council. Berwyn, IL.
- Illinois Route 66 Hall of Fame & Museum. A large collection of memorabilia associated with the history of the Mother Road in Illinois. Pontiac, IL.
- Illinois Route 66 Wayside Exhibits. Thirty-one Illinois Route 66 Wayside exhibits can be found in 17 communities along the Mother Road.
- Joliet Area Historical Museum and Route 66 Visitors Center. The museum is located at the corner of historic Route 66 and the Lincoln Highway, and offers interactive exhibits for all ages.
- Litchfield Museum & Route 66 Welcome Center. This museum is located on historic Route 66 near the iconic Ariston Cafe in Litchfield, IL.